Wednesday, October 29, 2008

China Milk Scare and Boo-Boo Kitty

A few weeks ago we received an e-mail from our adoption agency telling us that the melamine milk scare could go all the way back to 2004 and that we needed to have our daughter tested. Well, we went on October 10th to have the blood test and the urine test done. The blood test came back fine (that was for kidney function), but the urine test came back with infection showing up. So, the doctor gave us medicine and told us to come back in a couple of weeks to be tested again. So we are happy to announce that the infection is gone, but we will continue to keep an eye out. So at this point and time we do not have to have the renal ultrasound done. THANK YOU SWEET JESUS!!!!!!!

Now I have to tell you about Mary Beth and the blood test. Yes it was horrible to have to hold my child down while someone stuck a needle in her arm to draw her blood, but I knew it had to be done. However, Mary Beth jumped about the time the tech put the needle in her arm so the tech had to dig for the vein. During this time I am trying to hold her down, but comfort her all at the same time. She looked at the tech and in a very demanding voice said "LEAVE ME ALONE" - "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE RIGHT NOW. So, just about the time I was ready to tell the tech to quit she hit the vein and I told Mary Beth to look that her blood was coming out; she stopped crying and screaming. Then on the ride to daycare that morning she asked me "Mommy do you and Daddy have to have that done"? And I said yes baby we do. She looked at me in the mirror and said "Mommy, I don't want another noodle stuck in my arm ever again". Bless her heart I couldn't do anything but sit there and laugh about it. The reason why she said noodle though was because the tech used a butterfly needle on her with the small tube and she looked at it and thought it was a noodle. Well, once we got to the daycare she was proud to show off her bandage to everyone. She is a brave little soul and a sweet one too.

Just 2 days before all of this happened I had to break down and tell her that her kitty cat had passed away. I will tell you that is one of the hardest things I have ever done before in my life. Just the day before I had told her that we were going to take her Boo-Boo to the doctor to see if he could help her and the next morning Charles got up to start getting ready for work and found her in the floor dead. Once Mary Beth got up and we were getting ready for school I sat her on the bathroom counter like I do every morning to fix her hair and I looked at her and said "Baby Mommy has something that I need to tell you and I want you to listen really close to me" and she just looked at me and said "OK Mommy". I told her that the night before that Jesus came to our house and took her Boo-Boo home to heaven with him. Of course that child broke out into a full squall and I broke down as well, but then I grabbed myself and tried to stay composed. I told her that we all knew that Boo-Boo had been really sick and that Jesus came and took her home with him so that she wouldn't be sick anymore and that now she was healthy and happy and that Jesus needed another kitty to love and he picked Boo-Boo. She looked at me and said so my Boo-Boo is not in my house anymore and I said no baby she's not and she said my Boo-Boo is in heaven and I said yes baby she is. She looked at me with tears streaming down her face and said "I want to go to heaven to be with my Boo-Boo". I told her that Jesus has a time for all of us to come to heaven and that right now it was Boo-Boos time, but it was not her time. Bless her little heart she sat there and started singing Jesus Loves Me. Lord I cried and cried. She then asked me where her Daddy was at and I told her that he was at work and she said "I want to go see my daddy". How on earth could I tell her no? I didn't care if we were late for everything that morning I was going to take her to see her Daddy and I did. She took it all better than I thought she would, but she is so understanding and listens to every word that you tell her. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful child. The photo above is of her and Boo-Boo having their tea party just a few days before we lost Boo-Boo. I am so glad that I took that photo!

Please keep all the children that are in China and the ones that have been adopted that might not be as blessed as Mary Beth with the melamine scare. Those poor babies have a long road ahead of them and we need to lift them up to our Lord and Savior.

No comments: