Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mary Beth lost her 1st tooth




It is official - our little girl is now a big girl. She has passed through yet another growing up threshold! This was something that I had prepared myself for since Mary Beth talks about her friend Riley losing so many teeth, but poor daddy was not ready for this. It took him by great surprise last night when we came in with a loose tooth. I stopped by to pick Mary Beth up from school yesterday and her teacher Ms. Daphnea asked if my child had a loose tooth that morning when we left home. I told her no we didn't - she said well now you do and it is almost ready to come out. Mary Beth was all excited and couldn't wait to show her loose tooth to us. We talked about if it would hurt and how she would pull it on the way home. It was priceless I have to say! She is so full of questions and she really thinks her questions out before she starts to ask. I mean these questions have depth to them. WOW - God is good all of the time and it is a wonderful thing to see it in our child!! Charles and Mary Beth went to church last night and while I was laying on the heating pad from my very sore back I finished her tooth fairy pillow. When she came home from church she wanted to know where her pillow was and if I had finished it. I told her yes and to go look in her room. When she came back I asked her if she wanted to try to pull it and she said she did. I gave her a tissue and she started working it back and forth and trying to pull it straight up. She played around with it for about 5 minutes and I told her to wiggle it from side to side instead of front and back and to keep pulling up on it and boy when she did out it came. It was so wonderful to see her pull her first tooth. (You can see with the attached video how excited she was to pull her first tooth) She was very excited this morning when she awoke to her money in her tooth pillow. The first thing she did was looked at me and said "Mommy can I go buy some new nail polish with my money"? I told her that we would go and see what we could find for her! I have also attached photos that I took and some that Ms. Daphnea took at school. You will see Riley and her little sister Sophie talking and consoling Mary Beth in one of them. It is so sweet!!! We are very thankful to have a wonderful school and wonderful teachers that make sure we do not miss out on these precious moments in our children's lives!!!

1 comment:

Suzan said...

The video and story just make you smile! Thanks